Search This Blog

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Entry for October 18, 2008

Today is rainy, windy and cold—a typical fall day. I would love nothing more than to cuddle up by the fire and take a nap, but alas, I have yet to have a cuddle up by the fire type a weekend.

Today, we took the boys to the pumpkin patch in Central Point. I had never been out to Seven Oaks farm but had heard many great things about it. I have to say, it was wonderful. They had lots of activities that cost next to nothing and all the proceeds were going toward Crater High’s 4-H program. Their pumpkins were gorgeous, their farm is beautiful and the produce was wonderful. The boys had a blast. Both the boys fed goats and got their faces painted. Cainan rode a pony; he also led me through the hay maze. Asher played in their sandbox forever and just had a great time running through the pumpkin patch and playing. If it hadn’t started pouring, we would have stayed later. If the weather is nice tomorrow, we will go back again.

Then we stopped in Lillie Belle Chocolates and Rogue Creamery in Central Point. Joe took the boys next door for lunch and just dropped me off at the chocolatier and creamery. Have you ever walked into a building and new you had found your life’s calling? Okay, I’m being a little dramatic here but my two favorite indulgences are chocolate and cheese. Lillie Belle’s chocolates are works of art. They were amazing. I would love to quit my job and work their creating those beautiful, edible masterpieces. And the cheeses! Rogue Creamery makes exceptional blue cheeses and other varieties. There was fresh mozzarella and goat cheese—I love goat cheese. I asked Joe if we could convert our garage into a chocolate shop and creamery. He said no (shucks!).

Now I’m at home, typing a blog when I should be heading to the store to finish up last minute grocery shopping. Our babysitter and her family are coming over for the afternoon to play and see how we “handle” the boys, so she has a better understanding of taking care of them and getting used to their routine. They’re staying for dinner, which I'm super excited about since I can’t remember the last time I’ve gotten to entertain someone for dinner. So, of course, I planned these beautiful artistic pear, pecan and blue cheese salads, a prime rib roast and roasted vegetables. I’m looking forward to a fantastic dinner, but then I wonder why my weekends are so crazy and hectic…

After they leave, some long time friends of Joe’s family will be coming over. He hasn’t seen them in years and they called this morning to say they were in town. It’s like every minute of our days are planned and occupied. No wonder I haven’t been able to keep up on my blog, except once every six months. I’m doing better, though!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the great work , I read few posts on this web site and I believe that your website is very interesting and holds lots of fantastic info .

    ReplyDelete