- Combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, pepper and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add the oil.
- Place the salmon fillets in a shallow dish or zipper bag and pour marinade over, saving a little for basting later on.
- Refrigerate and allow to marinate for at least an hour, longer is better.
- Preheat barbecue or stovetop grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook the fish for 5-7 minutes per side or until each fillet is cooked all the way through. Regularly brush fish with the reserved marinade.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
Sweet Pineapple Salmon
At the request of a special friend, I'm posting one of my favorite salmon recipes. This is a great salmon recipe for those who are not great salmon lovers. The sweetness and acidity of the pineapple eliminates much of the "fishy" flavor, leaving a mild, delicious, heart-healthy recipe.
2 8oz salmon fillets
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp bourbon (optional)
1/3 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup olive oil