Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Super Easy Chicken Dinners!

Okay, I don’t usually post twice in one day (I have a hard time getting one post out a day!) but I just had to share. Last night at our girl’s night, I was chatting with the girls about frozen chicken (I know…lame!) and how ecstatic I was to discover this easy dinner solution.  I’m not sure I’ve specifically shared it on the blog before.

You know that frustration you feel when it’s about ½ hour before dinner time and your staring into your cabinet wondering what you can make in 30 minutes or less, especially when you didn't thaw any meat out and you don’t have time to go to the store and get something fresh?  I HATE that feeling.  It would happen to me a lot.

Then one day, because I had a great coupon, I bought some frozen chicken breast tenders figuring I could do something tasty with them.  When I got them home and read the direction, I was a little surprised to find that all you had to do was taken the frozen tenders out of the bag, place them in the pan and cook them for 30 minutes.  That’s it--frozen to dinner ready in 30 minutes.  And it’s white meat, tender, chicken breast!

What’s even greater is that I’ve found the possibilities for this chicken is only limited to your tastes and imagination.  The first time I made it, I had also grabbed some Buffalo Chicken Wing sauce from the store on a whim.  The tanginess appealed to me and I was excited to find this particular sauce had ZERO calories.  Can’t get better than that!

I dumped the sauce on the chicken, baked it as directed for 30 minutes and voila! Yummy, yummy, easy, tasty chicken! 

Anyway, I was enthusiastically explaining all of this to the girls and explained how I ALWAYS stock up on these chicken tenders whenever they go on sale (most stores carry some brand of these), because usually, I think they’re over-priced (anywhere from $11.99 - $14.99 for a 40oz bag depending on the store/brand).  But I love to have them on hand for those moments when I just don’t know what I’m going to make and the dinner countdown has begun.

Then today, as I was going through my Sunday ads, I saw that Fred Meyer has the Tyson Chicken Breast Tenderloins on sale for $5.99 a bag with a coupon from the ad.  There’s a limit of three per coupon.  Of course, I ran got my three bags and just decided I need to share this great little time and money saving dinner tip with everyone.  So, if you have a Fred Meyer near you, get down there this week and try a bag for $5.99.  You won’t be sorry.  And just to give you a little more incentive, here are a few easy ideas I’ve done with the chicken and they’ve all turned out great!

  • Ashanti Chicken Wing Sauce (It has ZERO CALORIES!!!!), serve with Blue Cheese and celery
  • Spinach Artichoke dip spooned over the chicken
  • Favorite bottled Barbecue Sauce
  • Cut them up for easy Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups (see my recipe on the blog)
  • I’m sure they’d be yummy with some Cream of Mushroom soup, especially with the addition of some frozen carrots & peas.
 I hope this gives you some great, inexpensive ideas and inspiration for those tough dinner days.  Good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment