Search This Blog

Friday, January 9, 2009

Starting Out

I can't believe I'm actually starting a new blog when I have trouble keeping up with our regular family blog. I'm hoping this one will be easier, as I will always have updates to post on my weight, BMI and general progress during this Lose-a-thon.

If you're reading this, I want to thank you. That means you took the time to read my page, decided you wanted to know more and care enough to see how I'm doing. Thanks again!

Right now I'm very optimistic. I know 50 pounds in five months is a very aggressive goal, but I believe I can do it. It's only two or so pounds a week. More importantly, though, I want to be healthier. That's why I included the "and/or BMI of 22". I realize that my percentage of body fat is really high right now. I know I could starve off the fat and lose the weight, but that wouldn't do me a tremendous amount of good. I need to be healthier, and that mean gaining more muscle and losing fat. I also know that muscle weighs more than fat. So, that means, if I continue to get in shape and build muscle, I might not reach my 50 pound goal, but I may get my BMI down to 22, which is just as (if not more so) important as getting the weight off.

I've decided I will only weigh myself once a week. I think it's easier psychologically that way. The last time I was trying to lose weight, I weighed myself every day. It was not a good idea.

Also, my mom got me a Wii Fit for Christmas. I'm so excited. I just got it all set up and began using it today. This will be a great tool for me. It already measured my weight, BMI and "fitness age". I'm ashamed to say I'm as fit as a 44 year old; so, that's something that will improve too. The Wii Fit will keep track of my progress and is a fun tool to utilize for working out. I can do yoga, strength training, aerobics and balance excercises with it.

So...here's to the begining! 50 pounds in five months! Thanks again for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment