Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Handiwork in the Kitchen

Baby Shower Cake (Entered at Fair)


In honor of discovering Pinterest recently and all the lovely pictures of food and crafts on there, I've decided to post many of my past cake pictures.  It's better for them to be on the blog anyway, where they are more easily accessed.  

I hope, at some point, to be able to make this a little side business for our family since I so enjoy making them and the recipients seem pretty happy with getting them.  For now, I've been busy making shower cakes for friends, birthday cakes for family and using the Awana bake sale as an outlet for my other creative endeavors.

Let me know what you think and if you're in the Southern Oregon area you can always contact me if you're interested in a cake for yourself!



I did this cake for a co-worker of my mom's who is a golf fanatic.

For more info on this cake, see my other blog entry: Fun with Rice Krispies



 I watched a tutorial from Disney on how they make their Mickey and Minnie caramel apples.  That was their mistake (unless, they really wanted people to make them themselves).  I made a bunch of these last year for bake sales, as gifts, just for fun...



I also used my tempering unit from Dove Chocolate Discoveries (I used to sell their stuff) to make lots of dipped marshmallows that I decorated.  It's a super easy and cheap treat that is a great seller at the bake sales.  They would also be great for parties (of course, cake pops are all the rage now, too).


Another entry in the Fair--a Purse Cake (along w/ all my ribbons from my other entries that year)
 


 We always have get-togethers at my grandpa's house for most occasions.  In the summer we are always on his back patio and the red and white checkered table clothes adorn all his picnic tables.  In honor of his 78th birthday, I made a checked table cloth on his cake. 















Awana bake sale strikes again!  I loved all the ideas for Easter cupcakes so I took these Peep cupcakes and the sheep one's below.  They were a big hit (at least with the kids--parents were trying to dissuade them to smaller items).  I smile whenever I see these pictures because the cupcakes were just so darn cute, and while they were a bit time consuming.  They were pretty easy to make.















For my mother-in-law's birthday I put out a nice spread with several lovely desserts--one of which was this rose cake.  It's simple but pretty.











No comments:

Post a Comment