Search This Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Trip to the Sierras


This week we're hitting the road and heading to the Sierra Nevada Mountains to do a little exploring.  I grew up in the area and took for granted all the amazing history--natural and cultural--that makes up the Central California mountain range.  We learned about the history of California as part of our yearly social studies curriculum in school--which included lots of field trips to California's many natural wonders.

Since the boys know nothing about this area, I created a short PowerPoint for the long road trip.  I've downloaded it to our iPads so we can all read it together (like a storybook) and, hopefully, generate some excitement and interest for the places we're visiting.  I'm also hoping it will generate lots of questions and conversations. 

Here's short video slideshow of the presentation.  If you happen to be heading to the area and would be interested in using the PowerPoint (or adapting it for your specific trip) just let me know in the comments.  I'd be happy to e-mail it to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment