Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

A Two Year Old With a Gambling Problem--She Should Meet Cainan!

Today I'm passing on a video created to raise awareness for those in our society who were not born as "typical" children but share the same dreams that they do.  This is one of those times when I came across a video regarding something right in line with whats been on my mind lately. 

Recently, I was privy to a conversation between friends discussing eugenics.  I tried to ignore most of it and stay absorbed in the book I was reading.  But when the conversation turned to how the human race as a whole was getting weaker because we coddle our sick and crippled and allow them to live and propagate, I had to leave.  It was safer than throttling the apathetic idiot who was speaking.  However, I was deeply, deeply hurt and angry.

There's a million things I could say--a million ways I could try and justify the lives of those who are not "typical".  I'm not going to.  There's not enough room on this blog and it almost seems futile to try to get through to people who are so oblivious to the real purpose and beauty of life.

Regardless of your views on "typical" and "non-typical" people, please watch the video and pass it on if you are so moved.



No comments:

Post a Comment