Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

When it Rains it Pours...

This is just another short post, with a link to an unbelievable story that just occurred in the last week.

When you have a child that has a life altering medical diagnosis, you tend to isolate--your life revolves around caring for that child. In our isolation, I think we also become sheltered. We are surrounded by those who know our story, or who share common ground with us.

As our younger son, who does not have any medical issues, has entered school and I've been emerging from our world of isolation into the mainstream, I'm really beginning to get a feel for how many people who are not directly affected by disability view those who have disabilities. It's shocking to say the least, and this mother's story shocks me to my core...

No comments:

Post a Comment